Kaduna Marathon was established through the collaborative efforts of Kaduna State Government and its partners with a view to further showcase and promote the sporting talent that abounds in the state. The event will also attract leading international marathon runners in a bid to strengthen its position as a foremost sporting venue that has produced many world-class athletes in Nigeria. The vision of Kaduna Marathon is to establish a sustainable, diversified, community focused running event, encouraging athletes at all levels to lead healthy and competitive lifestyles and further their personal fitness through running. In addition, the event plans to promote unity in Kaduna, showcase its rich culture and its potential as a sporting and recreation venue. The Marathon is a half Marathon which is 22km long.
KADUNA MARATHON FACT SHEET
- Kaduna Marathon is a first of its kind running event in northern Nigeria.
- It is designed to promote unity, healthy lifestyle and showcase the state’s potential in tourism and investments.
- Kaduna Marathon is fully funded by private sponsors such as GAC Motors, African Natural Mineral & Mines, GIS Transport LTD, NIMASA, UBA, Ronchess, AMA Foundation, Olam & Tomato Jos.
- Kaduna Marathon is endorsed by the Athletics Federation of Nigeria and is managed by Nilayo Sports, the same company that manages the Lagos Marathon.
- The theme is Let’s Run Together.
- Kaduna Marathon is a half marathon race of 21km. Participants can also opt for the 5km or 10km race categories
- Take off point for the Kaduna Marathon is Murtala Square and the race terminates at Murtala Square.
- International elite runners will be participating in Kaduna Marathon
- The top 10 winners of the 21km and 10km race will be awarded cash prizes. The 1st place in the international category wins $10,000, and the 1st place Nigerian category wins N3,000,000
- Kaduna Marathon takes place on Saturday 21 November 2020, beginning at 07:00 AM
- To participate in Kaduna Marathon, log on to kadunamarathon.com or visit the Ministry of Sports, State Secretariat, Independence Way to pick up registration forms.
- The registration deadline for Kaduna Marathon is Friday 20 November 2020
- The hashtag for the event on social media is #KadunaMarathon; You can follow the event and share pictures using the hashtag
- Official Social Media handles:
- Facebook page: KadunaMarathon